Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
Appendix 2 – Rules for the conduct of business
- Introduction A brief summary of the rules of the conduct of business for the Gambling Commission.
- Place of business The principle address of the Gambling Commission.
- Calling meetings of the Board of Commissioners The locations and frequency of Commissioner's meetings.
- Notice of meetings Details of the appropriate notice for a meeting, including extraordinary circumstances.
- Meetings by telephone or video conference The ways in which meetings can be conducted by the Board of Commissioners.
- Business to be transacted Details of how business matters should be handled at meetings.
- Quorum A quorum is the smallest number of people needed to be present at a meeting before it can officially begin and before official decisions can be taken.
- Record of attendance This is a requirement of the Board of Commissioners meetings.
- Chairing of meetings Details of who will chair a meeting and the process they will need to follow.
- Voting The process of voting, when it is appropriate and what happens if there is no majority.
- Adjournment The process that needs to be followed in the case of adjournment.
- Minutes Minutes are published subject to the exclusion of sensitive information.
- Urgent business The process of what should happen if the event of urgent business.
- Non-contentious business The process of what should happen provided the business discussed is non-contentious.
- Committees A brief description of the committees and their meetings.
- Declaration of interests Commissioners must ensure that they declare any potential or existing conflicts of interest.
Appendix 1 – DCMS Management Agreement Next section
Appendix 3 – Anti-fraud and corruption policy
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content