Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
30. The Board has appointed four advisory committees:
- an Audit and Risk Committee
- a National Lottery Committee
- a National Lottery Competition Committee
- a Remuneration and Nomination Committee.
These committees operate according to agreed terms of reference, which are reviewed annually by the Board.
31. The Board has also established a committee, which will exercise certain regulatory functions under the Gambling Act 2005 (the Regulatory Panel) and the National Lottery etc. Act 1993 (opens in new tab).
32. The Board may from time to time establish other committees and panels.
33. The appointment of Commissioners and employees to committees and advisory groups shall be a matter for the Chair, and effective following the approval of the Board (except where an advisory group is established by the Chair).
34. Dates and venues of committee meetings shall be set in advance and notified to all Commissioners. Such meetings shall be known as ordinary committee meetings. An extraordinary committee meeting may be called at any time by the Chair of the committee. Details of all business to be transacted at committee meetings shall be sent to any Commissioner of the Board who has specifically requested them. Any Board Commissioner shall be entitled to attend any committee meeting of which he/she is not a Commissioner as an observer.
35. The Chair of any committee shall report the minutes of committee meetings to the next appropriate meeting of the Board.Previous section
Non-contentious business Next section
Declaration of interests
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content