Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
24. Urgent business is deemed to be any matter requiring a decision of the Board before the date when an ordinary or extraordinary meeting of the Board can be convened. In such cases the Chief Executive should take all practicable steps to consult with the Chair and as many other Commissioners as the Chief Executive considers appropriate (and if at all possible no fewer than four Commissioners).
The Chief Executive should seek Commissioners’ views as to:
- the urgency of the matter requiring decision
- the possibility of holding a Board meeting to consider it
- the action to be taken.
25. The Chief Executive should decide in the light of Commissioners’ views what action to take, notify as many Commissioners as practicable of the proposed action and allow as much time as he/she considers reasonable in the circumstances for Commissioners to comment on the proposals. He/she should then act as is considered appropriate.
26. The exercise of such powers shall be reported to the next meeting of the Board which will consider whether further action is required.Previous section
Minutes Next section
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content