The Economic Crime Levy
What happens if the Economic Crime Levy is not paid
Under Part 9 of The Economic Crime (Anti-Money Laundering) Levy Regulations 2022 (opens in new tab), the Gambling Commission has the power to impose a financial penalty where a casino operator fails to:
- submit their return by the due date or pay the levy by the due date
- submit a correct return
- notify the Gambling Commission of an under-assessment of the levy
- notify the Gambling Commission of an amount repaid in error
- comply with a request for information or documents
- comply with record keeping requirements
- submit their return by the date which is 3 months after the due date
- pay the levy by the date which is 30 days after the due date (30 days penalty)
- pay the levy by the date which is 3 months after the due date (3 months penalty).
Submitting an annual return Next section
Last updated: 11 October 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.