The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content

ELM licensing requirements

An ELM must hold a lottery manager operating licence before they can promote a society or local authority lottery. The ELM (and the relevant society or local authority) will also need to hold a remote gambling licence if they intend to sell tickets by means of remote communication (eg internet, telephone).

It is the responsibility of both the society, or local authority, and the ELM to ensure that the other party holds the relevant operating licence before they enter into any arrangements regarding the promotion of lotteries.

Previous page
External Lottery Managers (ELMs) - Lotteries
Next page
Raising money for good causes
Is this page useful?
Back to top