Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content


The Economic Crime Levy

Gambling Commission's guidance on the Economic Crime Levy and how licensed casino operators can prepare for it.

  1. Contents
  2. How the Economic Crime Levy fee is calculated
  3. Where a casino licence is not held anymore

Where a casino licence is not held anymore

The levy applies to all casino gambling licence holders that were licensed during the relevant financial year. The amount that is payable is based on the level of United Kingdom (UK) revenue that is generated by your business in the relevant financial year. Amounts will be payable following the end of each financial year.

You will still need to complete and submit the form if your business held a casino licence and was trading during the relevant financial year (making adjustments as per the notes in the annual return form if it was not a full year).

The amount you needed to pay may be reduced if you carried out regulated activities for only part of the financial year.

Previous section
Financial statements and non-United Kingdom (UK) revenue
Next section
Where a casino licence was held but the business was not trading or operating
Is this page useful?
Back to top