Changes to licence condition 8.1 (display of licensed status)
Consultation response for the changes to licence condition 8.1 (display of licensed status).
Consultation proposals and background
In a consultation conducted between 26 February and 20 May 2020, we set out proposals to amend licence condition 8.1 relating to the display of licensed status onscreens from which customers can access remote gambling activities (e.g. websites and mobile applications).
Our consultation proposals wanted to make changes to licence condition 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 and to introduce a new licence condition (licence condition 8.1.3).
These changes sought to:
- standardise the type of information that must be displayed on business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) websites and mobile applications about an operator’s licensed status
- extend the requirements to non-commercial societies, local authorities and external lottery managers offering access to lottery products online.
We received 30 written responses to the consultation from the following categories of respondents:
- 20 from licence holders
- 3 from trade associations
- 4 from charitable organisations
- 1 from members of the public
- 2 from others.
A summary of the responses we received to the consultation questions, along with our position in view of those responses, is provided in the summary of responses section of this document.Previous section
The Gambling Commission Next section
Last updated: 2 August 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.