Raising Standards for Consumers - Enforcement report 2018 to 2019
The enforcement report for 2018 to 2019
- Chief Executive’s message
- Safer gambling
- Anti-money laundering
- Marketing and advertising
- Illegal gambling
Compliance health check
- do your key personnel have sufficient knowledge, understanding and oversight of the regulatory framework and compliance requirements?
- are you targeting employee training to suit the environment in which employees work?
- could you demonstrate to us that your staff are making sufficiently frequent and rigorous checks to ensure your business is compliant?
- have you considered linking performance and elements of pay to compliance?
- do you have appropriate, up to date policies and procedures?
- do your compliance resources mirror the size of your operation and its level of risk?
- for those operators required to submit an assurance statement, do you use the statement to create a culture of continuous improvement?
- at the point a customer registers with you, do you require employment details?
- do you link these details to average income for the job type to better understand customer affordability?
- do you use targeted customer interactions and interventions?
- how do you know interventions are effective?
- how are you encouraging customers to use player protection tools and set deposit limits? Do your approaches work, and can you demonstrate this?
- are you improving your systems to identify when customers have exceeded spend or duration of play thresholds?
- how are you identifying and analysing at-risk customers? For example, are you using predictive tools?
- can you demonstrate through accurate records that you conduct appropriate interactions with VIP and at-risk customers?
- how are you managing and auditing your relationship with 3rd party affiliates?
- could you satisfy us that you are in control of these relationships?
Last updated: 2 September 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.