Raising Standards for consumers - Compliance and Enforcement report 2020 to 2021
PML holder health check
We outline in our Statement of principles for licensing and regulation that we expect individuals occupying senior positions, whether or not they hold PMLs, to, amongst other things:
- uphold the licensing objectives and ensure compliance of operators with the LCCP
- organise and control their affairs responsibly and effectively
- have adequate controls to keep gambling fair and safe
- act with due care, skill and diligence.
- have due regard to the information needs of consumers and communicate with them in a way that is clear, not misleading, and allows them to make an informed judgment about whether to gamble
- manage conflicts of interest fairly
- disclose to the Commission anything which the Commission would reasonably expect to know
- work with the Commission in an open and cooperative way
- comply with both the letter and spirit of their licence, the licence of their operator, and associated Commission regulations.
- have sufficient seniority to drive improvement and change to ensure compliance and good business practices.
Last updated: 13 July 2023
Show updates to this content
Formatting changes corrected.