Martin David Verrall, Ian John Verrall & Neil Kenneth Faulkner
What is a sanction?
When a licence holder has not followed rules and regulations aimed at ensuring gambling is fair, safe and crime-free, we can take action and impose the following sanctions:
- Give the licensee a warning
- Add, remove, or amend a condition to the licence
- Suspend a licence
- Revoke a licence
- Impose a financial penalty
Decision date: 11 May 2020
Details of action
Following a review of the licence issued to Martin David Verrall, Ian John Verrall & Neil Kenneth Faulkner t/a Martyn of Leicester, the Commission found:
- The Licensee failed to comply with social responsibility code provision 3.2.7 by failing to put into effect policies and procedures designed to prevent underage gambling
- The Licensee failed to consider paragraph 2 of ordinary code provision 3.2.8 relating to putting into effect procedures that require their staff to check the age of any customer who appears to them to be under 21.
In line with the Commission’s Licensing, compliance and enforcement policy statement and the Indicative sanctions guidance, the Commission has decided to:
- issue a warning under section 117(1)(a) of the Act.