Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content

Where can I get help for a young person's gambling?

Speaking to your GP is the best place to start if you’re worried about a young person’s physical or mental health due to gambling. They can refer you to treatment and support services in your area.

Alternatively, you can also contact the following organisations directly.

Get help for your child, or a young person you know

National Problem Gambling Clinic

The National Problem Gambling Clinic (opens in new tab) is a specialist NHS clinic for problem gamblers.

The clinic accepts referrals for people aged 13 or over, with complex problems relating to gambling, living in England or Wales.

You can read more about the criteria for the service on the National Problem Gambling Clinic’s website.



020 7381 7722


GamCare (opens in new tab) offers information, support and counselling. It runs free services including the National Gambling helpline, live chat and support forums.

Live chat

Chat with a GamCare advisor (opens in new tab).
Free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

National Gambling Helpline

0808 8020 133
Free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Previous page
How can I talk to my child about gambling?
Is this page useful?
Back to top