Updating your ad preferences using the Ad Preferences tool
How to update your ad preferences
- Click the down-pointing triangle icon in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click Ads in the left sidebar.
- On this “Your Ad Preferences” page, you can update your interests, choose what Facebook information is used to show you ads, and adjust your general ad settings.
There are several different sections in Ad Preferences which you can explore.
In the Advertisers section you can:
- Review advertisers you’ve recently seen ads from and advertisers whose ads you’ve clicked.
- Hide ads from these advertisers.
In the Data section you can:
- Manage how third-party data is used to show you ads on Facebook, and how data from Facebook is used to show you ads off Facebook.
In the Categories used to reach you sub-section you can:
- Manage whether you can be targeted based on certain attributes listed in your profile i.e. relationship status, employer, job title or education.
In the Interest Categories sub-section you can:
- View and remove interests that influence the ads you see. Note that advertisers may show similar ads to multiple or broad audiences. So, if you remove football as an interest but keep rugby, for example, you may still see ads from a business broadly targeting those interested in sport.
In the Other Categories sub-section you can:
- Remove yourself from other categories that advertisers can use to reach you.
Facebook wants the ads you see to be as interesting and useful to you as possible. Keep in mind that Facebook doesn’t share information that personally identifies you or can be used to contact you (name, email address etc.) unless you give them permission.Previous page
How to control the ads you see
Last updated: 28 September 2020
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.