Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
57. If you have a close personal relationship with another employee of the Commission, or job applicant, where you are or will be managing the individual or involved in their performance appraisal, that relationship should be disclosed, either to the Head of Human Resources or to the relevant Director.
58. Where one party directly line manages the other party, it may be appropriate to change the management arrangements to avoid allegations of bias, impropriety or misconduct.
59. Where the relationship is between an employee and a job applicant, it will not be appropriate for the employee to take part in any selection process in which the applicant is involved, or to take any role in the decision to appoint.
60. This paragraph applies if you have a close personal relationship with someone within the gambling industry which could give rise to allegations of bias or conflict of interest. In such circumstances the relationship should also be disclosed to your Resource Manager, who will take steps to avoid any potential conflicts of interest. This disclosure should also be copied to the relevant Director and to the Human Resources team. If you are uncertain whether a disclosure needs to be made, you should seek advice from the Head of Human Resources.
61. ‘Close personal relationships’ include relationships with (whether by marriage, civil partnership or blood) another employee, job applicant or someone within the gambling industry.Previous section
Political activities Next section
Alcohol and substance misuse
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.