Corporate Governance Framework
Responsibilities of Commissioners
11. Commissioners have collective responsibility for ensuring that the Commission fulfils the aim and objectives set out in legislation and complies with any statutory or administrative requirements for the use of public funds.
12. Commissioners should:
- ensure high standards of corporate governance are observed at all times
- promote an inclusive and diverse culture in the Commission, acting in a way to help create an environment where different perspectives and backgrounds are encouraged and valued
- establish the overall strategic direction of the Commission within the relevant statute and the policy and resources framework, agreed with the responsible minister
- ensure the Commission operates within the limits of its statutory authority and any delegated authority agreed with DCMS (opens in new tab) and in accordance with any other conditions and standards relating to the use of public funds
- ensure that, in reaching decisions, the Commission takes appropriate account of any guidance issued by DCMS
- ensure the Commission takes responsibility for sustainable development and operates within the framework of the UK Sustainable Development Strategy.
The role of the Chair Next section
Individual Responsibilities of Commissioners
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content