Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
Functions and Duties
13. Acting with delegated authority from the Board to make decisions on the items listed as follows:
- the process for the appraisal of Commissioners, including the Chair and Senior Independent Director (noting the Chair’s appraisal is conducted by DCMS)(annually)
- the framework relating to the annual appraisals of the Chief Executive and Executive Team’s performance (annually)
- recommended performance ratings following the Chief Executive’s annual appraisal (conducted by the Chair)(annually)
- any proposed redundancy or other severance arrangement where the payment to the individual/s will be £30,000 or more (as needed).
14. Advising the Board, as needed, on:
- the proposed process for the appointment of the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive
- appropriate Commissioner involvement in the recruitment of other senior Commission posts
- the terms of any special severance arrangements applying in the event of any required and unplanned early termination of employment of the Chief Executive or any member of the Executive Team, having regard to relevant guidance and codes of practice and their contracts of employment
- composition and skills gap to be used in recruitment of Commissioners (including the Chair).
15. Advising the Board annually on:
- proposed arrangements for the Board to review its performance and effectiveness
- the effectiveness of the RNC, including analysis of any best practice from other similar committees in other organisations.
16. Oversight of:
- the application of the frameworks relating to the annual appraisals of the Board, Chief Executive and Executive team
- the recommended performance ratings following the Executive Team’s annual appraisals (conducted by the Chief Executive)
- any significant changes to HR policy relating to pay and reward including the pension scheme
- the Commission’s People Strategy
- the annual pay remit and reward scheme
- the Commission’s people data, to ensure effective oversight of recruitment, employment practices, promotion, development, retention, diversity and welfare of staff
- the process for and results of the Annual Employee Engagement survey, including action plans to address issues raised
- gender pay gap reporting.
Delegated Powers Next section
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.