Corporate Governance Framework
8. The Board authorises the RNC to investigate any activity within its terms of reference. Any investigation will normally be initiated in consultation with the Chair of the Board and/or the Accounting Officer, as appropriate.
9. Seek any information it may require from any Commissioner or employee. All members and employees must co-operate with the Committee. It will be normal practice to channel such requests through the Accounting Officer.
10. Obtain legal or other professional advice, subject to budgetary provision agreed in advance by the Accounting Officer and/or the Board, and to secure the attendance at committee meetings of anyone it considers has relevant experience, expertise or knowledge.
11. The RNC provides advice to the Board and the Chief Executive.
12. Where the RNC is unable to make a decision regarding any functions that have been delegated to it, the Committee shall be required to refer such matters to the Board for deliberation and direction.Previous section
Membership Next section
Functions and Duties
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.