Gambling Commission publishes Annual Report and Accounts for 2016/17
13 July 2017
The Gambling Commission’s Annual Report and Accounts 2016/17 looks back at performance and progress by the organisation over the last financial year.
Strong themes for the Commission have been empowering and protecting consumers, and continuing to raise standards across all gambling sectors. Other key focus areas have been around building partnerships and understanding across industry, government and other regulators, ensuring fair play on the National Lottery and improving regulation.
- launch of a strategy to improve consumer engagement
- setting the social responsibility agenda with the boards of operators through the introduction of assurance statements
- joining forces with regulatory partners such as the Competitions and Markets Authority and Advertising Standards Authority, to take action against unfair and misleading practices by online operators
- revising the Commission’s approach to enforcement, enabling use of the full range of powers to drive up standards across the industry
- a clear focus on Camelot's performance in protecting the integrity of the National Lottery and ensuring contributions to good causes in the UK are maximised.
Note to editors
- More information about how we regulate the gambling industry.
- Useful statistics on the gambling industry.
- Previous annual reports.
Journalists can contact our press office on 0121 230 6700 or email: email@example.com
For all media enquiries, please contact the Gambling Commission press office.
Last updated: 8 February 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.