Corporate Governance Framework
Delegation of powers pursuant to paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 to the Gambling Act 2005 (as amended)
1. The Gambling Commission hereby establishes a Committee of Commissioners, on which any Commissioner may sit, to be known as the Regulatory Panel.
2. The quorum for conduct of any business by the Regulatory Panel shall be two Commissioners, although normally the Panel will comprise three Commissioners.
3. Meetings of the Regulatory Panel or hearings before an Executive Director may be conducted by telephone or video conference.
4. The Chair of the Commission shall, if present, preside at all meetings of the Regulatory Panel. If the Chair is not to be present, they may designate a Commissioner to chair the meeting. If there has been no such prior designation the Commissioners present at the meeting shall elect a Chair for the duration of the meeting.
5. The Chief Executive may designate such staff as they consider appropriate to attend meetings of the Regulatory Panel or hearings before an Executive Director to assist or advise the decision makers, but those staff may not take part in the decision making process of the Regulatory Panel or Executive Director.
6. Subject to the provisions of the following two paragraphs, the Commission hereby delegates the powers and functions annexed hereto, to the persons respectively. Any other decisions to grant a licence or take regulatory action which are not otherwise specifically delegated under this resolution are hereby delegated to the Chief Executive or an Executive Director (for the purposes of delegated decision making the term ‘Executive Director’ includes the Commission’s General Counsel).
7. Where it is considered appropriate by the Chair, or any Commissioner, or the Chief Executive, or a member of staff nominated in the annexed section, a case may be referred to a more senior member of staff or the Regulatory Panel who will determine that case instead of the persons otherwise delegated to carry out that function.
8. These arrangements shall supersede all previous delegation arrangements hitherto authorised by the Commission.Next section
Delegations of functions under the Gambling Act 2005 (the 2005 Act)
Last updated: 2 March 2023
Show updates to this content