Cath Cooney Register of Interests
Member of the Advisory Board for Safer Gambling.
November 2019 - September 2020 Director of Development and Improvement, The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) (registered charity SC037475)†
January 2020 the Gambling Commission approved funding, via regulatory settlements, for the ALLIANCE to lead a three year ‘pathfinder’ project to accelerate the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms by developing structures in Scotland to put the voice of lived experience at heart of its delivery.
The ALLIANCE is also working in partnership on a ScotPHN led project to develop and implement a ‘whole population’ approach to prevention and reduction of gambling harms in Glasgow with partners. This project is also funded via a regulatory settlement.†
Contracts, Consultancy or Self-employment
- independent consultancy/partner services (no links to the gambling industry)
- The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland October-November 2019
- ZinZino AB, Swedish-based wellbeing supplement company October 2019 to date
- The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland September 2020 to date
- International Futures Forum (registered charity SC038749) July 2020 to date.
- independent consultancy services (no links to the gambling industry)
- Practice Advisor, International Futures Forum Nov 2018-July 2020
- certified Optimize Coach
- certified HeartMath Trainer
- the WELWorld Leadership Coach
- Cath’s brother, Paul Francis Cooney, is a non-executive Director of the Hamilton Park Racecourse Company Limited and a Trustee of Hamilton Park Trust. He has held both positions for approximately 8 years on a pro bono basis.
† Cath’s involvement in the delivery of both projects was in her capacity as a Director of Development and Improvement at the ALLIANCE and not in her role on ABSG. Cath’s consultancy and Associate Director engagement with the ALLIANCE (September 2020 to date) is not in relation to the delivery of these projects.