Board minutes 26 July 2022
Venue: Remote meeting
Time: 09:30 - 12:00
- Cath Cooney (CC)
- Anna van der Gaag (AVDG) (Chair)
- Hermine Graham (HE)
- Philip Newall (PN)
- Ulla Romild (UR).
1. Welcome, apologies and declarations of interest
AVDG welcomed Board Members to the meeting.
There were no new declarations of interest.
Apologies were received from Jane West.
2. Minutes and matters arising from May 2022
The minutes were reviewed and agreed.
3. Chair's update
AVDG noted the following points:
- the Gambling Act Review (GAR) White Paper has been delayed
- AVDG and PN have been working on a blog post on prevention and would welcome feedback from members.
ABSG members shared updates and discussed the impact of the GAR delay on gambling reform and work plans for the advisory group.
4. Prevention research
PN presented his research findings from an experiment on the 'Take Time to Think' message. He previously carried out the first independent study of 'When the Fun Stops, Stop'.
ABSG discussed the research and the methodology and noted the key finding that there were no credible effects found to conclude that the message has an impact.
5. Patterns of Play
ABSG received an update on the Patterns of Play research from David Forrest, which covered further technical reporting and proposals for potential future use of the data.
6. Any Other Business