16 July 2021 - Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Commissioners
Location: Virtual meeting by Microsoft Teams
- Bill Moyes (Chair)
- Terry Babbs
- John Baillie
- Brian Bannister
- Carol Brady
- Stephen Cohen (NLCC Chair)
- Trevor Pearce (RemCo Chair)
- Catharine Seddon
- Sarah Gardner (DCEO)
- Tim Miller
- Nadine Pemberton (Director of Legal)
- Andrew Rhodes (Interim CEO)
- John Tanner (4NLC SRO, items 1 & 2 only)
- Helen Venn
- (REDACTED) (item 3 only)
- (REDACTED) (Board Secretary)
- (REDACTED) (notes)
- (REDACTED) (items 3 and 4 only)
1. Welcome, apologies and declarations of interest
The Chair commented that this is an extraordinary meeting of the Board and therefore no minutes or actions from the previous meeting are on the agenda.
Apologies were noted from (REDACTED) and Helen Venn.
The following declaration of interest was noted from Catharine Seddon: official tutoring for the Civil Service College.
2. 4NL Competition briefing: proceeding from Phase 1 to Phase 2 checkpoint
The Board noted the paper, with an update from the 4NLC SRO.
3. Remote customer interaction update
The Board noted the paper.
The Board supported the recommendations for the planned communications over the summer as outlined in the slide deck and encouraged officials to take a strong and robust approach.
4. Gambling Act Review (GAR) update
The Board noted the update.
The Board was content with the proposed approach to progress work on the GAR.
5. Gambling lawyers letter
The Board noted the previously circulated letter to the interim CEO.
6. For discussion by exception: Economic Crime Levy
The Board noted the report as read, with no comments.
7. Any other business
The Chair of RemCo wanted to formally record on behalf of RemCo and the Board the exceptional work carried out by the DCEO whilst covering joint CEO responsibilities.