Retail trials aligning player protection tools across multiple outlets, including messaging, session breaks and limit setting (BGC)
Due to the impact of nationwide business lockdowns the trial series restarted in April where possible and will continue across multiple licensed betting premises and casinos throughout 2021, aligning customer journeys optimising and ensuring consistency of messaging, transparency of information, trialling and evaluating limits.
The work led by the Betting and Gaming Council on aligning player protection tools across multiple retail outlets has been significantly delayed by closures of venues due to lockdowns. Work is underway and will continue when COVID-related restrictions on gambling venues allow venues to open.
This work includes:
- work underway and plan in place to align player protection tools on machines in LBOs and casinos, to introduce machine SG metrics to casinos and to add products (Electronic Roulette & Table Games) to casino SG tools
- project to optimise and ensure consistency of player messaging across all machine suppliers
- development of facial recognition software – ongoing but delayed due to furloughing of key development staff.
- Enforced Session Breaks – trial and evaluation completed
- Escalating Messaging – trial ongoing (LBOs)
- Mandatory Limit Setting – trial planned (LBOs).