Raising Standards for consumers - Compliance and Enforcement report 2020 to 2021
The Gambling Commission's report on Compliance and Enforcement action 2020 to 2021
The Statement of Principles for licensing and regulation (June 2017) puts the onus of responsibility for regulatory compliance at all times on the Licensee, whether this is the business or an appointed administrator. Social responsibility code 1.1.2 states that
Licensees are responsible for the actions of third parties with whom they contract for the provision of any aspect of the licensee’s business related to the licensed activities.
We expect operators to:
- conduct their business with integrity
- act with due care, skill and diligence
- take care to organise and control their affairs responsibly and effectively and have adequate systems and controls to minimise the risks to the licensing objectives
- comply with both the letter and spirit of their licence and associated Commission regulations
- disclose to the Commission anything which the Commission would reasonably expect to know.
Introduction Next section
Orderly closedown of businesses
Last updated: 8 December 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.