Annual Report and Accounts 2021 to 2022
The Gambling Commission's 2021 to 2022 Annual Report and Accounts.
Accounting officer responsibilities
Under the Gambling Act (2005), the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has directed the Gambling Commission to prepare for each financial year a statement of accounts in the form and on the basis set out in the Accounts Direction.
In preparing the accounts the Accounting Officer is required to comply with the requirements of the Government Financial Reporting Manual and in particular to:
- observe the Accounts Direction issued by the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, including the relevant accounting and disclosure requirements, and apply suitable accounting policies on a consistent basis
- make judgments and estimates on a reasonable basis
- state whether applicable accounting standards as set out in the Government Financial Reporting Manual have been followed, and disclose and explain any material departures in the financial statements
- prepare the financial statements on a going concern basis
- confirm that the Annual Report and Accounts as a whole is fair, balanced and understandable and take personal responsibility for the Annual Report and Accounts and the judgements required for determining that it is fair, balanced and understandable.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has appointed me as the Chief Executive as Accounting Officer of the Gambling Commission. The responsibilities of an Accounting Officer, including responsibility for the propriety and regularity of the public finances for which the Accounting Officer is answerable, for keeping proper records and for safeguarding the Gambling Commission’s assets, are set out in Managing Public Money published by the HM Treasury.
As the Accounting Officer I have taken all the steps that I ought to have taken to make myself aware of any relevant audit information and to establish that the Gambling Commission’s auditors are aware of that information. So far as I am aware, there is no relevant audit information of which the auditors are unaware.
Chief Executive and Accounting Officer
19 July 2022
Last updated: 31 August 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.