Greentube Alderney Limited
The Commission carried out an investigation into the actions of Greentube Alderney Limited (“Greentube”). The regulatory review found failings in Greentube’s processes which were aimed at preventing money laundering (ML) and protecting vulnerable people. These failings were found on two of Greentube’s casino and betting websites, admiralcasino.co.uk and bellfruitcasino.com.
The Commission found that between December 2019 and November 2020 Greentube failed to comply with the Licence conditions and codes of practice (“LCCP”), specifically:
- Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of Licence condition 12.1.1, requiring compliance with the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Licence Condition 12.1.2 requiring operators based in foreign jurisdictions to comply with the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information of the Payer) Regulations 2017 (“the 2017 Regulations”), and
- Licence Condition 15.2.1 requiring operators to report key events to the Commission
- Paragraphs 1 and 2 of Social responsibility code provision 3.4.1, requiring licensees to interact with customers in a way which minimises the risk of customers experiencing harms associated with gambling, and to take into account the Commission’s guidance on customer interaction.
Taking into account remedial action taken by Greentube and in line with our Statement of principles for licensing and regulation, the Commission agreed a regulatory settlement with Greentube consisting of:
- £685,000 payment in lieu of a financial penalty, which will be directed towards delivering the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- Agreement to the publication of a statement of facts in relation to this case
- Greentube has agreed to vary its operating licence to add a specific condition to carry out a third-party audit to review its compliance with the Licensing condition and codes of practice within twelve months, the findings of which it will share with the Commission
- Payment of £8,789.86 towards the Commission’s costs of investigating the case.