EU Lotto Limited
Following a review of the operating licence undertaken against EU Lotto Limited (the Licensee), the Commission found that the Licensee:
- breached paragraph 1, 2 and 3 of licence condition 12.1.1. Anti-Money Laundering (AML) – Prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- breached paragraph 1 of licence condition 12.1.2. Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- failed to comply with paragraph 1 of social responsibility code of practice (SRCP) 3.4.1 (Customer Interaction)
- failed to act in accordance with the principles of ordinary code provision (OCP) 2.1.1 (Anti-money laundering).
In line with the Commission’s Licensing, compliance and enforcement policy statement, the Indicative sanctions guidance and the Statement of principles for determining financial penalties, the Commission has decided to:
- impose a warning under section 117 (a) of the Gambling Act 2005 (the Act)
- attach additional conditions to the Licensee’s operating licence under section 117(1)(b) of the Act
- impose a financial penalty of £760,000.00.
The Licensee co-operated with the Commission throughout the investigation and took corrective steps to address the identified failings.