Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
21 - Delegated authorities
21.1. The Gambling Commission shall obtain the Department's prior written approval before:
- entering into any undertaking to incur any expenditure that falls outside the delegations or which is not provided for in the Gambling Commission's annual budget as approved by the Department
- incurring expenditure for any purpose that is or might be considered novel or contentious, or which has or could have significant future cost implications
- making any significant change in the scale of operation or funding of any initiative or particular scheme previously approved by the Department
- redirecting funding provided by the Department for one purpose to other purposes
- making any change of policy or practice which has wider financial implications that might prove repercussive or which might significantly affect the future level of resources required
- carrying out policies that go against the principles, rules, guidance and advice in Managing Public Money.
21.2. The certificate of exemption from Employers' Liability Insurance issued in March 2002 remains valid.
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content