Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
3 - DCMS Principal Accounting Officer's responsibilities
3.1. The DCMS Permanent Secretary, as Principal Accounting Officer for the DCMS family of ALBS, is accountable to Parliament for the issue of any grant-in-aid to the Gambling Commission and is also responsible for ensuring arrangements are in place to:
- monitor the Gambling Commission's activities on a continuous basis
- address significant problems in the Gambling Commission, making such interventions as are judged necessary
- periodically carry out an assessment of the risks both to the department and Gambling Commission's objectives and activities
- inform the Gambling Commission of relevant government policy in a timely manner
- bring concerns about the activities of the body to the full Gambling Commission Board; requiring explanations and assurances that appropriate action has been taken.
3.2. The Head of Gambling and Lotteries in DCMS is the primary contact for the Gambling Commission within the Department.
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content