Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
The Gambling Commission as an employer
2.19. Within the arrangements approved by the Secretary of State (paragraph 6, Schedule 4 of the Gambling Act 2005 (opens in new tab)), the Commission has responsibility for the recruitment, retention and motivation of its employees.
2.20. The Commission will ensure that:
- its rules for the recruitment and management of employees provide for appointment and advancement on merit on the basis of equal opportunities for all applicants and employees
- the level and structure of its staffing, including grade and numbers of employees, is appropriate to its functions and the requirements of efficiency, effectiveness and economy
- the performance of employees at all levels is satisfactorily appraised for the purposes of performance pay and, where appropriate, promotion
- its employees are encouraged to acquire the appropriate professional, managerial and other expertise necessary to achieve the Commission’s objectives
- proper consultation with its employees takes place on issues affecting them, for example pay, health and safety etc
- adequate grievance and disciplinary procedures are in place
- an employee code of conduct is in place.
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.