Corporate Governance Framework
The Gambling Commission as an employer
2.19. Within the arrangements approved by the Secretary of State (paragraph 6, Schedule 4 of the Gambling Act 2005 (opens in new tab)), the Commission has responsibility for the recruitment, retention and motivation of its employees.
2.20. The Commission will ensure that:
- its rules for the recruitment and management of employees provide for appointment and advancement on merit on the basis of equal opportunities for all applicants and employees
- the level and structure of its staffing, including grade and numbers of employees, is appropriate to its functions and the requirements of efficiency, effectiveness and economy
- the performance of employees at all levels is satisfactorily appraised for the purposes of performance pay and, where appropriate, promotion
- its employees are encouraged to acquire the appropriate professional, managerial and other expertise necessary to achieve the Commission’s objectives
- proper consultation with its employees takes place on issues affecting them, for example pay, health and safety etc
- adequate grievance and disciplinary procedures are in place
- an employee code of conduct is in place.
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.