Lessons to be learnt from failures at TGP Europe Ltd and Fesuge Ltd
11 January 2017
Operators are being advised to ensure bonus promotions are fair and transparent for consumers following failures at TGP Europe Ltd and Fesuge Ltd.
The Gambling Commission has today published a public statement in which the operators accept a number of failings relating to a Cheltenham Festival bonus offer. Operators are encouraged to read details of the findings which highlight the importance of:
- Ensuring that terms and conditions of bonus promotions are fair and that consumers can easily understand those terms
- Acting quickly when evidence of consumer detriment is identified, especially in response to complaints.
Public statements are only available online for 3 years from the date of issue. If you require a copy of a historic public statement, contact us with details of the statement you require.
Note to editors
- The Gambling Commission is supporting a Competition and Markets Authority investigation into whether gambling operators are treating customers fairly.
- More information about how we regulate the gambling industry.
- Read more about voluntary settlements on page 11 of Statement of principles for licensing and regulation.
- Useful statistics on the gambling industry.
For all media enquiries, please contact the Gambling Commission press office.