Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
Our mean (average) gender pay gap for reporting period March 2021 was 7.2%. The monetary amounts behind this figure are:
- a mean male hourly rate of £22.60
- a mean female hourly rate of £20.98
- or an absolute difference of £1.63 per hour.
Our median (middle) gender pay gap was 3.0%. The monetary amounts behind this figure are:
- a median male hourly rate of £19.56
- a median female hourly rate of £18.97
- or an absolute difference of £0.59 per hour.
We understand that achieving gender pay equality is an ongoing commitment.
We believe in equality of opportunity for everyone regardless of gender and recognise that any gender pay gap requires improvement. In our case we need to achieve a better balance between women and men in the Commission’s lower pay quartile.
Pay and Bonus Gap
Our mean gender bonus gap for 2021 was 0.5%. The monetary amounts behind this figure are:
- a mean annual male bonus of £437.08
- a mean annual female bonus of £434.97
- or an absolute difference of £2.12.
At 0.5%, our mean gender annual bonus gap is significantly below the figure for organisations in the same sector and significantly below the figure for organisations in the same industry.
Read last year’s gender pay gap report: 2020 Gender Pay Gap Report - Gambling Commission
We are developing an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, so that we can continue to develop our pay and reward framework, to ensure our offer is fair, understood and the best we can achieve.
Our aspiration is to build a diverse and gender balanced workforce ensuring that our colleagues can be their best selves at work. As an organisation we are committed to addressing gender representation and supporting women in the workplace.