Gambling business TGP Europe fined £316,250
05 April 2023
Gambling operator TGP Europe Limited will pay a £316,250 penalty for anti-money laundering (AML) and social responsibility failures.
TGP Europe Limited, which runs 19 websites, will also receive an official warning and have conditions added to its licence.
Social responsibility failures included:
- Allowing customers to continue to gamble after hitting multiple safer gambling alerts without intervention
- Relying on automated, as opposed to human, interactions when customers hit safer gambling alerts
- Not assessing the effectiveness of these interactions or whether additional steps were required such as a telephone interaction.
Anti-money laundering failures included:
- Not having a money laundering and terrorist financing risk assessment which adequately addressed risks, such as customers providing false or stolen identification documentation and risks linked to complex or unusually large transactions
- Not adequately considering and mitigating the money laundering risks posed by their business-to-business relationships
- Having ineffective policies and procedures in relation to due diligence undertaken prior to white label agreements.
Additional licence conditions setting out action the licensee must take to ensure thorough due diligence checks are conducted have been added to the operator’s licence.
Read TGP Europe full penalty.
Note to editors
- White-label partnerships involve a licensed operator running a gambling business using the branding of another business.
- TGPs failings occurred over varying periods. Breach of paragraph one of Licence Condition 12.1.1 occurred between November 2020 and April 2021, breach of paragraph 2 of Licence Condition 12.1.1 occurred between April 2020 and June 2022, and breaches of paragraph 3 of Licence Condition 12.1.1, Licence Condition 12.1.2 and SRCP 3.4.1 occurred between June 2020 and April 2021. The operator failed to adhere to Ordinary Code Provision 2.1.1 between April 2020 and August 2022.
For all media enquiries, please contact the Gambling Commission press office.
Last updated: 12 September 2023
Show updates to this content
Formatting changes made to ensure links are accessible.