Following a review of the operating licence undertaken against Boylesports Enterprise t/a Boylesports.com (the Licensee), the Commission found that the Licensee:
- breached licence condition 12.1.1 (Anti money laundering - Prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing), paragraphs 1-3.
- breached licence condition 12.1.2 – Anti-money laundering measures for operators based in foreign jurisdictions.
In line with the Commission’s Licensing, compliance and enforcement policy statement, the Indicative sanctions guidance and the Statement of principles for determining financial penalties, the Commission has decided to:
- give the Licensee a warning under section 117(1)(a) of the Gambling Act 2005 (the Act) Act).
- attach additional conditions to the Licensee’s operating licence under section 117(1)(b) of the Act
- impose a financial penalty of £2.8 million.
The Licensee co-operated with the investigation and acknowledged the failings from the outset.