Simonsson Oscar Per Erik
Following a licence review, the Commission decided that it was appropriate to issue Mr Oscar Simonsson with a warning under section 117(1)(a) of the Gambling Act 2005.
The reason for this decision was because, as a Personal Management Licence holder and the Chief Executive Officer at Casumo Services Limited (Casumo), Mr Simonsson failed to:
- ensure that Casumo complied with the requirement to complete a risk assessment as required by Licence condition 12.1.1(1) - Anti-money laundering - Prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- ensure that Casumo had appropriate policies, procedures and controls to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing in breach of Licence condition 12.1.1(2)
- ensure that such policies, procedures and controls were implemented effectively, kept under review and revised appropriately in breach of Licence condition 12.1.1(3)
- ensure that Casumo had and put into effect adequate anti-money laundering controls that complied with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and 2017 as required by the Licence condition attached to the licence on 1 November 2014 and Licence Condition 12.1.2 Anti money laundering measures for operators based in foreign jurisdictions
- that Casumo complied with the requirement to comply with social responsibility Code 3.4.1, Customer interaction code of practice issued under Section 24 Gambling Act 2005 to be treated as a Licence Condition.
As a result, Mr Simonsson breached Licence Condition 1 of his personal management licence, contained at Part 3 of the Licence conditions and codes of practice.
We should make it clear that we do not hold Mr Simonsson solely accountable for the failings which were systemic within the business. Mr Simonsson has been open, transparent and co-operative throughout the engagement and has since Casumo’s assessment pro-actively put remedial provisions in place to mitigate the risk to the licensing objectives.