Stevendal Alexander Andreas Martin Valentin
Following a licence review, the Commission decided that it was appropriate to issue Mr Alexander Stevendal with a warning under section 117(1)(a) of the Gambling Act 2005.
The reason for this decision was because as a Personal Management Licence holder, responsible for overall management and direction and regulatory compliance, at Videoslots he failed to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the way in which he carried out his responsibilities in relation to licensed activities did not place Videoslots in breach of their licence, in particular:
- Failure to comply with Licence condition 12.1.1 – Anti-money laundering - Prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Failure to comply with Licence condition 12.1.2 – Anti-money laundering – Measure for operators based in foreign jurisdictions
- Failure to comply with social responsibility code of practice 3.4.1 – Customer interaction. Compliance with a social responsibility code of practice is a condition of the licence
- Failure to comply with Licence condition 1.2.1 – Personal management offices
- Failure to comply with Licence condition 15.2.1 – Key event notification.
In reaching our decision, we concluded that Mr Stevendal was not solely responsible for the failings of the operators, and that he has been open and transparent throughout the engagement.