GAN (UK) Limited
Between August 2018 to September 2019 GAN failed to comply with four licence conditions focused on social responsibility and anti-money laundering.
Failures included having ineffective anti-money laundering policies and procedures, not displaying warnings that underage gambling is an offence on its website and poor customer interaction guidance.
In line with our Statement of principles of licensing and regulation, GAN has agreed a regulatory settlement, consisting of:
- £100,000 payment in lieu of a financial penalty, which will be directed towards delivering the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- divestment of £46,754 which accrued from customer accounts as a result of the failings, which will be directed towards delivering the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- new operating licence conditions attached to GAN’s operating licence
- agreement to the publication of a statement of facts in relation to this
- payment of £6,000 towards the Commission’s costs of investigating the case
For more information, please see our public statement on this case, which can be found on the Gambling Commission's website.