Platinum Gaming Limited
The Commission carried out an investigation into Platinum Gaming Ltd which identified weaknesses in its anti-money laundering and customer interaction controls.
The investigation found a breach of licence condition 12.1.2.
The investigation also found a failure to comply with:
- Social responsibility code 3.4.1(1)(c)
- Social responsibility code 3.4.1(e)(i) & (ii)
- Ordinary code provision 2.1.1
In line with our Statement of principles for licensing and regulation, Platinum Gaming has agreed to a regulatory settlement consisting of:
- A divestment of the gross gambling yield of £629,420 it received from the gambling of the relevant customer. This money has been returned to the victim identified whose money was stolen.
- A payment in lieu of financial penalty of £990,200 which we will direct to work which accelerates the delivery of the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms.
- Agreement to the Commission’s publication of a statement of facts in the case.
- Payment of £9,800 towards the Commission’s investigative costs.
For more information, please see the Commission’s public statement which can be found on our website.