Gamesys Operations Limited
The Commission carried out an investigation into Gamesys (Gibraltar) Limited which identified weaknesses in its anti-money laundering and customer interaction controls.
The investigation found:
- Breaches of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, and
- A failure to comply with Social Responsibility Code 3.4.1
In line with our Statement of principles for licensing and regulation, Gamesys has agreed to a regulatory settlement consisting of:
- A payment in lieu of a financial penalty of £690,000 which will go to the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- A divestment to reimburse identified victims of crime of £460,472
- Payment towards our investigative costs
For more information, please see the Commission’s public statement which can be found on our website.