Emanuel Victor Savu
What is a sanction?
When a licence holder has not followed rules and regulations aimed at ensuring gambling is fair, safe and crime-free, we can take action and impose the following sanctions:
- Give the licensee a warning
- Add, remove, or amend a condition to the licence
- Suspend a licence
- Revoke a licence
- Impose a financial penalty
Decision date: 27 February 2020
Details of action
Following a licence review, the Commission determined to revoke the Personal Functional Licence issued to Emanuel Victor Savu under the provisions of section 119 of the Gambling Act 2005 on the grounds that conditions of the licence have been breached and he is unsuitable to carry on the licensed activities permitted by the licence.
The Commission found:
- On 17 and 18 April 2019, Mr Savu took three free parking tickets for his own use which were made available by his employer for customer use only. He subsequently falsified his employer’s records to show that the parking tickets had been used by customers who were not on the premises. He was subsequently dismissed as a casino dealer for gross misconduct on 2 May 2019.
- Mr Savu failed to inform the Commission of a key event of his dismissal in respect of gross misconduct.