What is a sanction?
When a licence holder has not followed rules and regulations aimed at ensuring gambling is fair, safe and crime-free, we can take action and impose the following sanctions:
- Give the licensee a warning
- Add, remove, or amend a condition to the licence
- Suspend a licence
- Revoke a licence
- Impose a financial penalty
Decision date: 12 February 2019
Details of action
Following the conduct of a licence review, the Commission decided to revoke the Personal Functional Licence issued to Marco Sottile under the provisions of section 119 of the Act on the grounds that he was considered unsuitable to carry on the licensed activities permitted by the licence.
The Commission found that:
- On 17 October 2018 the licensee took £20 from a cash box at the casino. CCTV footage showed the licensee had repeated the act on a further three occasions while undertaking the same task. On 19 October 2018 the licensee admitted each act of theft to casino management and was dismissed.
- The licensee failed to inform the Commission of a key event, namely his dismissal in respect of gross misconduct.