Ciprian Corneliu Tomovici
What is a sanction?
When a licence holder has not followed rules and regulations aimed at ensuring gambling is fair, safe and crime-free, we can take action and impose the following sanctions:
- Give the licensee a warning
- Add, remove, or amend a condition to the licence
- Suspend a licence
- Revoke a licence
- Impose a financial penalty
Decision date: 3 August 2020
Details of action
Following a licence review, the Commission determined to revoke the Personal Functional Licence issued to Mr Ciprian Corneliu Tomovici under the provisions of section 119 of the Gambling Act 2005 on the grounds conditions of the licence have been breached and he is unsuitable to carry on the licensed activities permitted by the licence.
The Commission found:
- Mr Tomovici received a caution for the theft. Offences under the Fraud Act 2006 are listed under Schedule 7 of Act under paragraph 3A
- Licence condition 3(a) requires the holder of a Personal Licence to report to the Commission when they have been subject to a criminal investigation for a Schedule 7 offence
- Mr Tomovici failed to inform the Commission of a key event of his investigation for a schedule 7 offence.
- Mr Tomovici resigned from his position having been invited to an investigation meeting regarding alleged theft.
- Mr Tomovici failed to inform the Commission of a key event of his resignation after the commencement of disciplinary proceedings in respect of gross misconduct.