Nirmal Paul Singh Bains
What is a sanction?
When a licence holder has not followed rules and regulations aimed at ensuring gambling is fair, safe and crime-free, we can take action and impose the following sanctions:
- Give the licensee a warning
- Add, remove, or amend a condition to the licence
- Suspend a licence
- Revoke a licence
- Impose a financial penalty
Decision date: 23 October 2020
Details of action
Following a licence review, the Commission determined to revoke the Personal Functional Licence issued to Nirmal Bains under the provisions of section 119 of the Act on the grounds he was unsuitable to carry on the licensed activities permitted by the licence.
The Commission found the Licensee:
- was dismissed from employment at a casino after having stolen £12,000
- was the subject of a criminal investigation and was convicted of an offence under Schedule 7 of the Gambling Act 2005
- breached a condition of their licence, in that they failed to notify the Commission within five working days of a key event