Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
The Gambling Commission's ways of working
1.18. Our ways of working lie at the heart of the way the Commission’s employees will conduct all of the work of the Commission.
Our ways of working
To be outcome-focussed we:
- put consumers at the heart of everything we do
- take responsibility for an issue and moving it forward
- deliver results through working collaboratively.
Reaching for ways to improve
To reach for ways to improve we:
- encourage feedback and ideas
- are committed to continuous improvement and are open to trying different ways of working
- celebrate successes and take responsibility when things to wrong.
To be respectful we:
- recognise every colleague’s contribution
- give each other timely constructive feedback
- all encourage challenge.
To communicate well we:
- are clear and concise
- listen and check our understanding
- explain the reasons for decisions.
Making this a great place to work
To make the Commission a great place to work we:
- all help to make the Commission a great place to work
- value and support each other
- demonstrate a positive attitude.
1.19. The Commission’s policies and practices are reviewed regularly with the aim of ensuring that the regulatory burden imposed by the Commission is at the minimum, but consistent with carrying out its duties.
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.