Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
Quorum and Voting
21. The quorum shall be two Commissioners, provided one is the Committee Chair.
22. If the Committee Chair is not present, the quorum shall be three members of the Committee, of which two must be Commissioners and one an employee of the Commission.
23. If the Committee Chair is not present at a meeting, the Committee members will appoint a Chair for that meeting only who must be a Committee member who is a Commissioner.
24. Remote attendance by telephone or video conference will count towards the quorum of the meeting.
25. Voting for all decisions made will require a simple majority. In instances where there is a tie, then the Committee Chair (or the SRO in the absence of the Committee Chair) shall have the deciding vote.
26. If a question arises at a Committee meeting as to the right of a member to participate in the meeting (or part of the meeting) for voting or quorum purposes, the question may be referred to the Committee Chair for decision during the meeting. Their ruling in relation to the member is final and conclusive. If such question arises in respect of the Committee Chair, such decision will be made by the Board.Previous section
Meetings Next section
Attendance at Committee meetings
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.