Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
Functions and duties
13. In addition to making decisions under the scheme of delegations, the National Lottery Committee is responsible for the following:
Providing oversight of and challenge to the performance and strategy of the National Lottery operator:
- to understand risks to and progress against National Lottery outcomes, in line with the statutory duties under the 1993 Act
- to include consideration of the wider context in which the National Lottery sits, such as stakeholders, consumer and commercial trends
- to include meeting twice a year with the operator to discuss annual business plans and forward strategies.
Providing advice to the Board of Commissioners about the licensing and regulation of the National Lottery:
- to make recommendations about the annual budget for National Lottery regulation
- to make recommendations about expenditure in excess of budget and/or any increase in the overall budget for the year.
14. The Board authorises the National Lottery Committee to consider the issues relevant to the functions set out in these terms of reference.Previous section
Delegated powers Next section
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.