Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
8. In accordance with Paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Gambling Act 2005 (as amended) the Commission hereby delegates the functions set out in Delegation of functions to the persons set out in that section.
9. Any other decisions to grant a licence or take regulatory action which are not otherwise specifically delegated under these terms of reference are hereby delegated to the Chief Executive or an Executive Director (for the purposes of delegated decision making the term ‘Executive Director’ includes the Commission’s General Counsel).
10. Where it is considered appropriate by the Chair of the Board, the NLC Chair, a Commissioner, the Chief Executive, or a member of staff nominated in the table, a case may be referred up to the National Lottery Committee or the Board of Commissioners, who will determine that case instead of the persons otherwise delegated to carry out that function.
11. The Board authorises the National Lottery Committee to seek:
- independent professional advice it requires in meeting its responsibilities if it considers this necessary
- information from officials
- information from the National Lottery operator.
12. It will be normal practice to channel such requests through the Chief Executive or another member of the Executive Team.Previous section
Agenda Next section
Functions and duties
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.