Gambling operators from across the globe are being invited to catch-up with the Commission at ICE Totally Gaming in London.
Colleagues from across the Commission will be delivering speeches, sitting on panels, attending workgroups, and speaking at clinics during the flag-ship gaming show.
This year the Commission stand will be found in the event’s first Consumer Protection Zone – this area features organisations involved in the delivery of social responsibility, harm minimisation, education and treatment initiatives in relation to problem gambling.
Commission Chief Executive Sarah Harrison will be delivering a keynote speech entitled ‘Is responsible gambling enough?’ on Monday 5 February and this will be followed by Commission General Council and Executive Director Neil McArthur’s appearance on a panel on corporate social responsibility.
Other Commission appearances include:
- Executive Director Tim Miller will be opening the Consumer Protection Zone (Tuesday)
- Colleagues will be hosting a joint event with the Competition and Markets Authority and Advertising Standards Agency to provide an overview of work in the area of unfair promotional terms and misleading practices.
- Head of Legal Oliver Sweeney will be on a panel on EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its impacts (Monday)
- Senior Manager Claire Wilson participating in a panel on the 4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive, strategies for GDPR and advertising rules (Monday)
- Remote Investigations Manager Chris Sullivan will be taking part in a clinic on managing and mitigating data breaches (Wednesday)
- Programme Director Richard Watson will be taking part in a regulator’s question group on Blockchain (Wednesday)
- Senior Manager Claire Wilson will be participating in a group on the realities of tackling financial crime (Wednesday)
- Programme Director Ben Haden taking part in a working group on Future Tech: Future Regulations (Monday)
- Head of National Lottery Licensing and Enforcement James Holdaway will be moderating the clinic ‘With great power comes great responsibility’ which will focus on social responsibility (Wednesday)
- Head of Profession for Statistics Chris Rogers taking part in a panel on predictive analytics, adapting business models, tracking problematic behaviour, enabling data science and personalised pricing (Tuesday)
- Senior Manager Brad Enright will be speaking at a regulatory update on eSports and responsible gambling (Tuesday).
A full schedule for ICE visitors is available following registration on the ICE website.
Notes to editors
- More information about how we regulate the gambling industry.
- Useful statistics on the gambling industry.
Journalists can contact our press office on 0121 230 6700 or email: email@example.com
Posted on 15 January 2018