Gambling Commission chief executive Sarah Harrison has today set out her vision for the future focus of the Gambling Commission and wider industry, as she addressed one of the largest international gaming shows.
Sarah spoke on a number of topics at the World Regulatory Briefing conference within ICE Vox. Her address considered recent market, political and society developments, as well as her reflections on the past 12 months.
Importantly, she also set out the Gambling Commission’s focus for the coming year, focusing on:
- publication of a forward strategy that will guide the Commission’s work over the next three years
- building consumer trust and confidence
- improving the way the Commission works
- developing advice to the Government on the gambling review
- a review of the online market.
Discussing the seismic shift in the balance of power between the public and government, Mrs Harrison noted that these changes are also altering the relationship between consumers and business. She said: “Gambling operators need to focus now on how they should adapt, improve and build consumer trust and confidence to avoid the aftershocks and retain sustainable long term businesses.
“We will work as the GB regulator, and with our European and international regulator partners, to do all we can within our powers to put consumer interests first to create regulation which can give confidence and, in turn, foster a healthy gambling market.”
Read the speech in full.
Notes to editors
- More information about how we regulate the gambling industry.
- Useful statistics on the gambling industry.
Journalists can contact our press office on 0121 230 6700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 07 February 2017