Due to the impact that Coronavirus is having, we have had to reduce our phoneline opening hours.

Our phonelines are open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10 am and 4 pm.

You can use the contact us service to get answers to common questions or send us a contact request.

If gambling problems are affecting you or those close to you, support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through GamCare. You can call them free on 0808 8020 133 or go to gamcare.org.uk.

You can also read our Guidance and FAQs for more information.
Skip to main content

Fundraising with 100, 200, 500 clubs

Typically a 100, 200, 500 etc club is a group of people who raise funds for a good cause (non-commercial) usually by running a private society lottery.

In most cases members of the club buy numbered tickets which go into a regular draw, 100 tickets for a 100 club, 200 tickets for a 200 club and so on. When the draw is made a percentage of the profit is given as the prize, and the remainder goes to a good cause – normally the purpose of the club or society. 

100 clubs are popular with organisations like school parent/teacher associations (PTAs). 

Typically, these type of lotteries are small in scale and they operate under the rules for private society lotteries. Only members of the club or people on their premises can take part, tickets cannot be sold outside the premises to the general public, family or friends. 

You do not need a licence from the Gambling Commission or any specific permission to run a private society lottery but you must make sure you follow the rules set out in the Gambling Act 2005.

Also see

Running a lottery

A quick guide to running a lottery

257 KB Download

Organising small lotteries

Advice on lotteries that do not require a licence or registration

238 KB Download