Gaming machines eLearning
We have worked with the Institute of Licensing to create an e-learning module on gaming machines.
This module is the first of three modules designed to help you, and other co-regulators, improve your understanding of gaming machines and their local regulation.
This module aims to provide an introduction on the topic of gaming machines and covers:
- the role of LAs in the regulation of gambling
- what is a gaming machine?
- various types of gaming machines.
Subsequent machine modules will cover:
- physical aspects of a machine and how they work
- machine notices and signage requirements
- illegal siting of machines and how to take regulatory action.
We also intend to develop modules on areas other than gaming machines.
Please note, that the gaming machines sector is a diverse and complex one and this training is only designed to give a basic introduction, for help with complex issues seek specialist advice.
These modules can be accessed by anybody. You can access these modules via the IOL website, and these modules are CPD accredited (based on a 30 minute average).
You'll need to log in and then click on the ‘E-learning’ tab on the top right hand corner.
For further enquiries, contact Clare McMillan at IOL via firstname.lastname@example.org